Re: [RC] The Old Way (now slaughtering) - Trailrite

In a message dated 4/3/2008 9:04:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm all for taking steps to ensure that slaughter is done in a humane way (which, btw, refers not to treating them as humans as "humanity" suggests, but rather treating them ethically because we as humans can do that), but there is nothing even remotely progressive about forcing unwanted horses to live miserable lives!

Heidi
Well, I'm for treating them better than humans!  Humans that think they are above all life and that they are better than other life forms is one of the major problems.  A human breeds to many horses for entertainment, makes the horses unwanted and is responsible for making a horses life miserable.  So we bunch them all up and ship them off for slaughter, yep, that's humane!  And of course, don't ship them to Mexico, or Canada, that's not humane!

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite
18171 Lost Creek Road
Saugus, CA 91390
661/513-9269 office 661/513-9206 fax
661/713-3912 cell

SALE ITEM: All Styles of Trail-Rite's Rump Warmers, $10.00 off until 10/31/07
http://www.trail-rite.com/ Trail-Rite Products