Re: [RC] Spanish Mustangs/freedoms - desertrydr1

Barb said "Unfortunately, his rider was better suited to the trail. :) In the ring, he was just too hot for me until he turned 18 and started to mellow out. He still dumped me at age 23..."

I have my first mare acquired as an adult.  She's 22 this year, and has never settled down under saddle.  I had a daughter out of her, by a TB stallion.  I told the filly when she was born that she was my forever horse.  Forever didn't last that long, I lost her last fall at 13.  She gave me a son, who's now 2 yrs old, about 15.1 or so, and the SWEETEST horse I think I have ever had.  (Of course he's the bottom of the order around here in my little herd of 6, which probably contributes to his desire to place and manners)  I believe he's going to be my forever horse too.  Before he was born, I said if it was a gelding, I'd sell it.  But it didn't take me long to fall in love.  jeri