From: rainbowmeadowsranch@xxxxxxxxx
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; wpwpw@xxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Spanish Mustangs
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:14:12 -0500

I know I am going to get flamed BIG TIME for this but......

After visiting the website address below, I find the following horses listed:  nearly 100 mares, 21 Stallions,  24 babies born in 2007, and 45 horses listed on the "For Sale" page .....

And now "excess" horses are being taken to auction where a high percentage will probably go to slaughter....unless something wonderful happens.

This just does not make sense to me........ why continue making so many beautiful creatures that have to be sacrificed when times get tough?

What part of "controlling the breeding" failed to occur to someone involved?

Karen Everhart MEd
Co-founder and Executive Director
Rainbow Meadows Rescue and Retirement, Inc.
Serving the equine companions who have so loyally served us...
www.rainbowmeadowsranch.com
620-725-3402

Owner/Operator Horse Calls - Equine Management Solutions
Centered Riding Instructor
Distance Horse Conditioning and Training
www.horsecalls.com
316-648-5082