[RC] running martingales - Jeanne DeVico

A running martingale is not going to "fix" a high head, a ewe-neck, or teach a horse to give to the bit, but it will encourage a properly trained horse to keep his head and neck in the right position...looking down the trail and away from the rider's face! I once owned a serious puller/head-tosser and had dramatic, almost immediate improvement with a running martingale. I wouldn't train or compete on any horse without one, and it stays on for the duration.

Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference. Learn more.