[RC] why do the epics have cleats ?????? - Diana Peterson

Ok

I have to ask.... even if i make a fool out of myself..and my spelling is bad...( i am german after all )

I rode my gelding this weekend for 30 miles in his Epic boots...i just changed from size 00 to 0 because i always believed my fromer trimmer messures the 00 too tight. ( they where heck to get on )...
My horse is usually barefoot anyways.
After this first time riding him in the 0 's ( i don't use boots a lot , actually very rarly but because he is a bit navicular my trimmer said using boot and pads would help ...wich it did...

BUT... after taking the boots off, well before i put them on i smashed the cleats down put ducktape over them and i cut the strap out.
There where NO rubmarks whatsoever and i was really happy.and my horse went down the trail just awsome.....but when i took the boot of his white foot i found he had bruising where the cleats are.  Why do we need cleats if everybody smashed them or covers then anyways. ? and what can i do to prevent that in the future . ??? and don't way to put the covers over the cleats because i tried that and he started limping. So i thing the pressure of the cover over the cleats is too much. Like too tight shoes.

I will not have a lot of computer time till tonight . so i cant wait to see what the answer to this is .

Diana :-)

My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus
Phil 4:19
~~____(\
  .../< >\

Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes. Enter for your chance to win.