RE: [RC] why do the epics have cleats ?????? - Karen Standefer

The new 2008 Epics (with the new gaiters) don’t have cleats anymore.  They have the “Comfort Straps” instead.  So, you can cut out the straps and just leave the rubber/plastic piece and not have to worry about it digging into your horse anymore.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Diana Peterson
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:55 AM
To: ridecamp ride
Subject: [RC] why do the epics have cleats ??????

Ok

I have to ask.... even if i make a fool out of myself..and my spelling is bad...( i am german after all )

I rode my gelding this weekend for 30 miles in his Epic boots...i just changed from size 00 to 0 because i always believed my fromer trimmer messures the 00 too tight. ( they where heck to get on )...
My horse is usually barefoot anyways.
After this first time riding him in the 0 's ( i don't use boots a lot , actually very rarly but because he is a bit navicular my trimmer said using boot and pads would help ...wich it did...

BUT... after taking the boots off, well before i put them on i smashed the cleats down put ducktape over them and i cut the strap out.
There where NO rubmarks whatsoever and i was really happy.and my horse went down the trail just awsome.....but when i took the boot of his white foot i found he had bruising where the cleats are.  Why do we need cleats if everybody smashed them or covers then anyways. ? and what can i do to prevent that in the future . ??? and don't way to put the covers over the cleats because i tried that and he started limping. So i thing the pressure of the cover over the cleats is too much. Like too tight shoes.

I will not have a lot of computer time till tonight . so i cant wait to see what the answer to this is .

Diana :-)

My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus
Phil 4:19
~~____(\
  .../< >\

Windows Live Hotmail is giving away Zunes. Enter for your chance to win.

Checked by AVG.

Checked by AVG.