Re: [RC] sponge help - Betsy O'Shea

I don't use the sponge any more.  I use the folding portable water bucket.  Costs about $12.  I snap the string to the front of my saddle and the string is attached to one handle. Both of the handles are over my wrist.  It brings up a TON of water, so I get a lot more water on my horse with that, than with a sponge.
Betsy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 9:56 AM
Subject: [RC] sponge help

I find myself less than capable when it comes to handling a sponge on the end of a beta-leash with snap. First, you've got to get it unsnapped from behind the saddle - should probably switch to somewhere in front - and then you have to unsnap it from itself without dropping it. And then drop it into the water without dropping it. And somehow resnap everything. Now how do you do this on the fly? I know I'm missing something... on the last ride my sponge and leash got caught on a tree snag and ripped out part of my d-ring setup... and yesterday my sponge promptly released itself from it's leash into the water. My junior rider is no more capable. Making our spongeing episodes less than comical. Oh those sponge issues!

A handle is needed, as well as the proper size snaps. Does anyone have pics or suggestions of their favorite setup?

thanks,
Donna

Checked by AVG.