[RC] Trailers and Ride Sanctioning - magnumsmom

Trailers - Blue has a couple of pulls for cramps that I figured out finally
was cramping in a trailer I was borrowing.  The springs were completely
shot.  He was getting beat up in the trailer no matter how carefully I
drove.  That said, I've seen people (endurance) drive trailers down dirt
roads like they were on an interstate.  I think how a person drives can
have a lot to do with how good the horse looks getting off of the trailer
no matter which way the horse rides.

Just for the record I now have a Sundowner stock trailer and Blue is tied
long enough in the back so he can position himself almost any way he'd
like.  He can also get his head down.  He circles like a dog when we get
close to home or ride camp and he's stepped on himself so now he's tied.

Sanctioning in the SW - Rusty, that's an interesting story since after we
had our sanctioning for the Caja a couple of years ago, another NM ride
within 250 miles was then sanctioned for the week before the Caja.

- Kathy Myers
in Santa Fe, NM