RE: [RC] Coronet separation/more details - Sluys Guys

>At 07:51 PM 3/16/2008, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>but the notion that there could be an autoimmune component is logical, given the history.
>Heidi

Hmmm, I've always wondered about this too about him. He gets unexpected irritations sometimes like reactions to bites and he has always swelled easily . He stocks up from standing too long sometimes too. Right now he has some kind of skin rash on his chest that I noticed when I clipped his neck before the ride. I'm wondering if the scratches and maybe this new condition are reactions from the trauma  his thin skin endures from the concussion?  I've had him for quite a while (he's 18) and done lots of miles on him (2500+ mostly NATRC and some AERC) and he always has had some issue or another having to do with his skin. He's a really awesome horse but I've always called him "my hot house flower".  I may have to admit after reading that article in the current issue of EN he might just be one of those horses who is not suitable for endurance. He's got a big heart though and being a bit hard headed it's sometimes hard to admit. I just try and pick the rides I think he can do and maybe sand isn't one of them.
Nancy Sluys

"Don't worry too awful much about nothin' because everything won't never be alright no how"      - Clyde Johnson -
For good old time music-
  http://www.bobvillemusic.com
  http://www.myspace.com/pilotmountainbobcats
http://www.myspace.com/nancysluys