[RC] Rock On - Tom Sites

Today on the west side of Kennedys Peak there was a rock slide that sent a rock down into the trail, making it unable for a horse to pass.  The rock was moved aside by a  group of 7 with ball and tackle and pry bars at the end.  It was one heck of a Trail Day to see it moved.... and falling down the hill. It was a concertive effort between the horse and hiking community for the common good of the mountain.  ts

The download of the movie from my camera comes to about 9.5 megs.  I am shopping for software to convert it to a more compressed form.  It?s in the MOV format, and requires QuickTime to see it.  And it does capture the sight and sound of that big momma thundering down the hill.

Density of Granite is 168 lb/cu.ft.  At 7x4x2, that rock weighed 9,400 lbs.  More conservatively, at 7x3.5x1.75, only 7,200 lbs.  Definitely more than a 4-Runner.