[RC] # to call for motorcycle activity/folsom - Kathie Ford

Hi all, I did some research on the motorcycle issue at Folsom Park area. There were many sightings of them on the trails.  My own daughter was riding a large warmblood on the trail out from Los Lagos (she rides their for clients) and said a kid on a motorcycle came right at her and the horse she was riding.  Never stopped or slowed, just went whizzing past her. Total non respect for safety of her or the horse. It was incredible. The horse reared on her but she and horse were thankfully okay.  This made me very angry so I did call the office right away and reported what was happening there. They did confirm that motorcycles are absolutely NOT supposed to be on those trails.  She did say that they had to be "caught in the act" for them to do anything so they need our assistance.

Therefore she gave me this phone number in which I am passing along to you all as riders. This is for anybody riding horses/bikes, hikers etc if motorcycles are seen. Please call this number immediately when you see them and they will try to catch them.

Might be a good idea to put this your cell for easy reference.

Folsom Dispatch:  (916) 358-1300.  Please pass this on to anyone riding down there so we can all ride/hike in safety.

be safe,
kathie