[RC] RC : Malaysia WEC - Nik Isahak Abdullah

Jay ,
      I am not a vet but I think I can see the ratonale behind the decicion but I hope we can get around that decision in a more practical way .Otherwise it would be a shame not to have you guys over here in Malaysia .You are potential podium finishers both in the individual as well as the team event and we would like to see your guys there .Change the landscape a wee bit if you understand what i mean .
Fact 1 :
Vaccination of would be selected equine 'athletes ' from Australia now does not prevent 100 % EQ infection  in the selected individuals in the post vaccination  and pre export period, in a country with EQ epidemics .I am not privy to the decision and discussion but probabvly this is the key issue the vets in our NF are grappling with .The Malaysian NF probably rightfully or wrongfully want to play 100 % safe .Wrongfully  in my opinion because there is no such thing as 100 % safe .Also to ally the fear of other participating countries perhaps .
Fact 2 :
The Beijing Olympics on the other hand in Aigust same year is featuring Australia .
     I am just wondering aloud , and I do not have any scientific backing for this ,whether we can get around this 'fear' by preselecting the Australian horses early ,all pre vaccinated for EQ and enter them into a safe 'isolation' site for a specified period ,preexport to Malaysia . Could this do the trick .?
   I would love to see the Australians wining this WEC !And they certainly have the pedigree and the individuals ,men and equine , of just doing it ! I would in my own" private way" work very hard for that decision to be  reexamined .
Nik

Share life's special moments with Photo Gallery. Windows Live Photo Gallery