Re: [RC] One last comment about the shot cat from a pigeon fancier's wife - Susan

I'm just a country girl...but...if I paid that kind of money for anything, I'd protect it.  A pet cat would not be able to get to my bird without doing some serious "Cat In The Hat" tricks!  In the original post, it was pointed out the neighbor had little protection for his birds.

I've long ago discovered we don't live alone on this planet.  Ole Ben Franklin was right about winning more friends by being nice than by using a tart word.  When a neighbor does something that bothers me, I use a soft voice (it turns away wrath) and work on a solution.  Of course, I'm blessed with wonderful neighbors who try to get along.  One or two of my neighbors don't understand this concept and their pests...I mean pets...have mysteriously disappeared.

Beth Leggieri <trailyaya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is not uncommon for a breeder to have paid more than $1,000 for a mated pair.

Semper Obliquo (Always aside),
Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.
"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)