Re: [RC] AERC CONVENTION - Laney Humphrey

How great that you can laugh about your trip home. Coming over I-80 home into California, I was amazed that chains don't seem to have changed at all since I last used them about 25 years ago. Surely there's room for improvement! Hopefully the plow operator was laughing as hard as you all were.
Laney

clkahn-starband wrote:
We had a wonderful time at convention and loved seeing everyone. Mary, Julie and I want to thank everyone for visiting our booth and keeping us busy.

We had quite the experience traveling back to Oregon on Sunday and I know if Angie had been with us we would have quite a funny, funny story to submit to Endurance News. Our journey included laying in the slush on the side of the road in Susanville trying to put chains on for the very first time (on a truck with two tires where you can barely get your fingers between the two - yikes it was cold!), having the first set of chains break within 10 miles and rip up the splash guard so when I looked in the side view mirror after hearing the tremendous noise it looked like my tire was shredding, to having the second set of chains break on the other side ripping up the fender over the tires - good grief! At one juncture we all had to use the great outdoors so I pulled over to the side of the road and wouldn't you know here comes the snow plow bearing down on us. Here we are squatting in a row peeing on the side of the road with our backs covered with snow. I took a look over at Julie and we all burst out laughing so hard we nearly collapsed.

We finally made it home with two busted chains, a cut finger, a lost emerald (fell out of my ring when putting on the dang chains), two torn mud flaps and a damaged fender. But we made it home and we are safe. Can hardly wait till next year to see what happens - see you there and on the trail.
With Warm Regards,
Candace Kahn /BE ONE WITH YOUR HORSE/
U.S. Dealer of Freeform & Barefoot Treeless Saddles /(all Freeform saddles in stock 20% off)/
www.ActionRiderTack.com
541.899.0151 or tollfree 877.865.2467