[RC] canter vs trot at PC - Chrystal Woodhouse

I was told by my endurance vet at the first ride I went to with a lot of sand that I should trot or preferably canter through it as it was easier  on the horse, I have often noticed that Arab's in particular seem to have a gorgeous , "flowy" ( yes that is a recognized technical term :-))  canter that I would give a lot for my choppy Morgan to have, my daughter's Arab lives to canter , it is difficult to keep him in  a trot for long and I always ascribed that to the fact that he was from the desert ( well SOMEONE  a long  time ago in his family was:-)) and the easy canter came from having to move through sand.