Re: [RC] Pres cup - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

Well, I have followed this thread with a varying
degree of interest and concern.  I am at a loss as to
whether anyone has considered the anchestory of the
people "over there" etal....Bedouins!  Now if memory
serves me correctly they were pretty much the
Endurance Trainers of the WORLD.  Their lives, their
horses, their families, their culture - depended on
their ability to raise, train and win WARS on their
MARES!

So, for the sake of argument...LIGHTEN UP!  As the old
saying goes..."don't judge a man until you have walked
a mile in his shoes!"  In this case rode a horse
across the desert for 100 miles.  Gee, ask Patrick
Swayzee he did it!  Does anyone remember that?

At-any-rate until you know the FACTS, the true nature
of the horses lameness, metabolic, etc, reasons for
being pulled!  I don't think anyone's "opinion" is
valid!  Bitching and moaning and complaining isn't
going to change any of the results - is it?  As my
Grandfather would say, "now Missy those who live in
glass houses should NOT throw stones!"

Has anyone bothered to go to an horse auction lately?
Has anyone bothered to followup on the 1500 plus
horses bred a year (Arabians) that have not made it
into the registration books?  Has anyone been over to
Kingman, AZ lately?  To see the vans of Arabians
hauled off to the auction yards?  Please why don't we
clean up our own back yard before we start washing
someone elses windows!  Let's take a better look at
the atrocities that many US bred horses have suffered
in the name 'money' before we start casting
dispersions on any one else's intentions.

As far as flying HAY into UAE.  LOL!  They fly those
horses all over the world for crying out loud!  When I
was in England last January.  I wanted to go by the
Darly Stud to see some of the race horses that they
had bought from the US and bred there.  LOL!  The barn
manager says, "oh, D'Arcy, I thought you knew, those
old girls fly home with the guys until after the big
race in March!"  ROfLMAo...those old girls...well
anyway point being...they fly their horses all over
the world to be with them.  Why...because they can!

I'd trust that any day before I'd trust someone that
has nothing more to do than make negative commentary
without any type of solution.  Then of course the
sarcastic side of me clearly understands why anyone in
the US should be dispensing advise to the UAE.  After
all we have been raising Arabians in this country for
what 100+ years and they have only been doing it for
what 1000+ years!

In the meantime.  I am waiting for Steph to finish her
wine.  That will pretty much be the tell all that I'll
shed my vote of confidence on.  Therefore, personal
opinion or not, know your audience!  Wars have been
started over less infractions based on invalid facts.

D'Arcy

D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
 liberty4640@xxxxxxxxx