[RC] President's Cup in Dubaii - Theresa Simendinger

I am so surprised at all the politics in the endurance world. . When I belonged I thought the endurance organizations were there not only for a love of fair treatment of horses but also for fun and fair play all around.
Now this, nothing but political maneuvering over the fact that one of your long time members was asked to come ride a horse for his client in the President's Cup in Dubaii. Fred Emigh, the man anyone who is in AERC knows, never asked for a thing from AERC to go to Dubaii. Never asked to be part of the ranking or to officially represent the U.S. team. Never asked for a ticket or money. He was going as just a matter of his private training business. He was going for the love of the sport and as an endurance rider who happened to be an American. Then somebody decided Fred had to pay $1000 and fill out numerous forms for the American organizations! ... to do his work for his own business.
Because he loves the sport and has belonged to AERC forever he did all that was asked even though he was not taking one of the coveted positions given by the politics of the various governing organizations to whomever.
I cannot understand why this is any of these organization's business. Fred is a great trainer who over the years has helped so many people and horses in the sport of endurance and just as a friend to so many new horse owners, or just new to the sport, or just needing a helping hand. He has given his time and expertise time after time to new riders on the trail and helped out at rides whenever he could. I am sure Fred has lost count of the buckles he has from Tevis. How many other 100 milers has he done over the more than 25 years of rides? How many young horses he has started so well their owners went on to glory with them once they were ready to be contenders.
For all this he gets AERC meddling in his horse training business.

We should all be proud that we had one American finish the race in Dubaii and with a healthy, happy horse.

In case you want to check on me I rode in Northern CA as Theresa Bramnick AERC#11215
no longer married I am
Theresa Simendinger • Friday Harbor, WA •