[RC] trail conditions - sherman

Well, Training Hill was pretty good, but the Olmstead Loop was a thick muddy mess most of the way. We picked it up shortly after the top of Training Hill, went to the right towards Salt Creek & all the way around into Cool. About 70 percent of it was a mess, hardly able to trot and I’d have been worried about shoes getting sucked off if we had any on, but we had the EasyBoot epics, so we didn’t lose anything.

The WST that has had some work done, doesn’t look like they’ve done anymore since I was there before the rains AND it is pretty dry & good footing as long as you don’t ride down the middle where there used to be a trench. I could see where someone had done that, big holes from hooves, but most riders rode off to the side and no problem at all.

Also, I was told that Cronin Ranch is in great shape, even the big hills, the trails drained well and no slip/sliding around in the mud.

Kathy

Grass Valley, CA