[RC] Fred Emigh - Lari Shea

Just a note re. Fred Emigh, who is one of the most skilled and accomplished horsemen I've ever had the great pleasure of knowing.  I first competed against Fred and his stallion, Mon Surbo, in the early 1980's...  At that time, they were winning BC and very often 1st place in virtually every race they entered.   Over the years, I've seen Fred finish exactly where he plans on nearly every 50 or 100 miler he enters.  If he chooses to be in contention, his horses usually win BC, because they are always ridden wisely and shown professionally.  They are also impeccably well groomed, in great flesh and spirit.

Since I used to produce the Tevis Trail Training Seminar and leased horses for that race, many folks still call me every year wanting to lease a horse for Tevis.  I stopped leasing horses for that race in 1991... except when Fred called.  He borrowed my accomplished 1/2 Russian Orlov mare Nature's Fierra for three months to prepare, took BC with her on a practice 50 miler, then chose to pull her from Tevis when he felt she just wasn't herself that day.  He returned her in excellent health a few days later.  I would trust him with any horse I own.  And I congratulate him on a well ridden President's Cup race.  But it was no big surprise.  That's what Fred does, and has been doing for the 27 years I've known him.

Lari

"What unites us all is a love of the out-of-doors, a spirit of adventure, and a passion for horses!"

Lari Shea                          http://www.horse-vacation.com
Ricochet Ridge Ranch    707-964-7669 ranch phone
24201 North Highway One 707-964-9669 home office ph/fax
Fort Bragg, CA 95437
Riding Vacations on the Mendocino Coast with lodging at unique B&B Inns
                 International Riding Vacations