[RC] feeding question - Skyla Stewart

I would appreciate some good hard facts or a good link I could forward on, responding to the following:  A friend is absolutely beyond convinced that you MUST feed the hard feed/supplements hours before giving any hay, because the hay will negate the hard feed/supplements. Therefore the horses get no absorbtion of the vitamins and such since the hay pushes it thru. :oP   I haven't a CLUE where this comes from, and about the most intelligent response I come up with is to just bite my lip. It would make my day to have some good "facts" to pass along.  Thank you.

Skyla