[RC] weight divisions - Marcia Nelson

There are all too many variables and variations to just focus on the weight of the rider/tack alone. It is impossible to make a level playing field through carrying weight alone.

Different breeds and sizes and shapes of horses and different muscling and builds making some horses sleeker than others.
Different styles of riding with more balanced ones than others and that makes a difference.
Different fits of saddles making differences in horse performance.
Different heights of riders with leg length differences that makes a difference.
I know there are more, but these are what pops to mind for now.

In addition I detest weight divisions for personal reasons and I can't believe I'm alone on this one. In this day and age of weight and scales etc, it is cruel to have to go through the scales part. I have my own history and trauma around scales from my gymnastics background. Many people have dysfunctions and eating disorders and getting around scales is painful.

I hope this goes away in CTR and in AERC.
Marcia