Re: [RC] [RC] Snakes / Virginia??? - legsmontanna

I live in Colorado near the base of Pike Forest.  We have a boat load of rattlesnakes out here.  Last weekend a group of us went out for a ride along the road as the fields are still buried under snow.     At one point my horse saw a stick jutting out of a snowbank.  Thinking I was being funny, I said,"Oh Marmalade, watch out for the snake!"  She jumped a foot straight up into the air.  Poor baby girl!

dp

From: "Barbara McCrary" <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Many years ago, four of us rode at a trot right over the top of a rattlesnake.  He was coiling and uncoiling trying to figure out what to do and finally decided just to leave ASAP.  More recently, I rode past another rattler who was buzzing loudly on the trail.  I said, "Whoaaaaa" in surprise to my husband who was right behind me, and I stopped my horse just to discover where this snake was in relation to me.  I finally saw him slithering across the trail into the brush and then we went on.  My horse could not have cared less.  I was the one who was startled (though not scared.)

Barbara