[RC] weight division question - Marlene Moss

I definitely support either no weight division (preferable) or 2 with lightweight and heavyweight.  And I don’t think BC should use weight either.  Nor time for that matter.  It should be best vet score of the top 10 and that’s it (excepting of course when the vet decides to chose no one).  If someone feels it wasn’t fair because someone went slower than them to win BC, then there is a pretty easy solution for that one!

My husband and I have done enough testing riding each others horses to feel comfortable that our horses build up to be able to carry the weight.  Just like he can carry 4 2x4’s to my 2 without feeling more tired than me.  (we’ve spent the past week building a 64x12 shed!).  He may have to eat more food than me to replenish, but he wasn’t any more sore or tired than I was.

So this is my vote for support of removing or at least reducing weight divisions!

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Saddle Fitting - www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com

Boarding/Training - www.LosPinos-CO.com