Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Horse question... - Rae Callaway

All depends on how they're raised.  The "investment" Egyptians are raised as hothouse flowers and I wouldn't trust one of those in any situation.  My friend and I ride on predominantly Egyptians (I've got relateds and she's got straights) and we love the old bloodlines.  It's a shame.  Thee Desperado CAN produce a good horse, but not when he keeps getting bred to mares that are his sister, aunt AND granddam all at the same time!

Rae

----- Original Message ----
From: Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Maryanne Gabbani <msgabbani@xxxxxxxxx>; Jannelle Wilde & Adam Falk <mfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 9:44:10 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Horse question...

Are Egyptian Arabs less reactive than some of the others?  If so, that might explain why my new (as of last May) horse is so steady.  He doesn't fly into pieces over the sight of a tarp, will cross rain-swollen creeks with care, crawls through, around and over brush, limbs, logs.  In short, I think we're going to get along just fine!  He's a good part Egyptian, some Polish and a bit of Crabbett.

Barbara