Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] Horse question... - SandyDSA

Oh Barbara! Our straight Egyptian stallion who is now 22 has ALWAYS been the quietest (is that a word?) horse we have ever had I believe! He is steady, sensible, kind, and lives right next to his mares. We chose him for his pedigree, conformation but mainly for his great mind. He has a few goofy relatives but his dam and sire and his grand parents were superb in their minds. IN addition, Sal is 15 hands with 8" bone - and still sports a 22-24 resting pulse! So...to all those who thought Se horses are hot house plants and flighty etc...not all of them. Don't turn up one's nose at a Se just because he is a Se either for riding or breeding. Just choose as wisely as you would on any other line. I wish I could find the photo of my husband sitting quietly next to Sal whilst Sal was curled up in the turnout - they looked for all the world like they were having a guy talk!