RE: [RC] Towing with an SUV - Dolores Arste

I towed my Bison 2 horse stock trailer for many miles with a Nissan Quest for many of
the same reasons you state. I slept in it, I drove it to work, and my dog road happily in ii
and slept in it. I towed even in snowing weather. It wasn't great in mud. But, the rest was fine.
Only once at a muddy Hunter Pace did I have to keep the two horses off while I got out onto
more solid ground. This was a '94 model so I can't say much about the new Quests.

I only towed one horse any distance. I could tow two in a pinch and did on a few emergency
situations. My regular plan was one though. It had a tow package, a 6 cyl engine. I took
it as far at NY to MN and back. So, it had many miles. That van is still alive and
treating its new owners well many years after I sold it.

Recently, I got a 2002 Olds Bravada to tow my extra horse to AR from NY. This time I
chose a Brenderup to be the towed vehicle. Its a great combo too.
The model Brenderup I chose was an Imperial which is kinda like a Baron. I got
both used and the cool thing about having the Brenderup is that you can
rent a Trail Blazer which comes stock with a hitch and brakes and you
are immediately good to go.

We were originally going to rent a vehicle to tow the second trailer. But, then I
saw the fully equipped Bravada and fell in love....
The rest is history.

I towed a 2 horse stock from NY to MN with a used Tahoe last year. That too was a nice
combo. I could have slept in it but didn't. I bought this set up for my friend and her two
PMU foals.

Dolores Arste
Co-Author
101 Great Ways to Improve Your Life