[RC] Towing with an SUV - sherman

I towed my 2500# (probably 5000# with horses & equip) 2H, slant load, with my Chev 1/2T 350 engine for 3 years. It towed fine, the stopping in an emergency was the problem. The truck just wasn’t heavy enough and I could feel the push of the trailer. If I’d tighten the trailer brakes, I’d get too much grabbing. I’d think that would be the same for an SUV, unless it is a 3/4T. I shopped around for a nice, used crew-cab, short bed with a camper shell. That takes care of the extra seating we need (when we finally sell “the van”), I can sleep in the bed, have plenty of room up front & in the back seat for kids or pets.

Kathy

Jennifer wrote:
The catch is, it has to be an SUV, not a pickup - for various reasons.
One of which, is that I'd like to sleep in it at rides.  Other reasons
are that my husband would also use it for work sometimes when he needs
extra seating, I would like to be able to have my dog in the car safely
(not in the bed of a truck).  The list goes on.