Re: [RC] trash - Barbara McCrary

I've seen dumps of spent tires around here, all due to the fact that the landfills charge for taking tires and some people are too cheap to spend money to dispose of them properly.  Grumble, grumble....

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 9:58 AM
Subject: trash

I used to see this kind of behavior in the NV desert..made me crazy! Even here in CA around the Georgetown area, folks will dump their stuff on a "back road" rather than pay a few bucks to take it to the dump!

We play a game riding up there sometimes outfitting our "virtual house" with a hot water heater, a washing machine, a dryer, a chair, a table, etc...along the trail.

I think it may also be a function of the fees to dump?? I really like the community dump days Placer County sets up, usually some sort of non-profit org. does the work, donations are accepted, and the county accepts the trash for free. They take hazardous stuff, electronics, etc.. We have them several times a year in various areas. There was even a high schooler last year who did one as a senior project. The $$ went to improve the recycling in our county.

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx