Re: [RC] [RC] New Years in NM - D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson

I wish they would bring back the commercial with the Native American Indian holding up trash on the side of the rode with a tear falling down his cheek.  I saw that commercial when I was around 8 years old.  It had a huge affect on me.  It is something I have carried with me whereever I go.  I see garbage and/or trash in my path I pick it up and put it where it belongs - in the trash!  Best of luck on the ride.  Wish we could be there.

D'Arcy and Raquel

Rusty wrote:

<The first four miles (of every loop) is along the highway (sorta) with views of billboards, truck stops and correction centers. The desert littered with shameful trash from the migration of trucks and cars cruising along the highway, McDonalds cups, Wal-mart bags, boxes and all the like. A real shame our culture has no problem throwing trash out the window and ruining the beauty our land. I regret that this is the side of America our foreign guest will see. >

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@xxxxxxxxx

"Re-examine all you have been told . . . dismiss what insults your soul."

--Walt Whitman