[RC] Garmin 301 vs 305 - vjhogen

Has any one had experience with both the  Garmin 301 and the 305.  I know the 301 is the older model, and the 305 is the new model.  Is there a significant difference between the two?  Hubby and I have been looking at them, he thinks the 305 would be better, I think they look fairly similar.  They are priced pretty similarly.  Does new and improved really mean new and improved.  I am leaning towards 301, but hubby thinks 305. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
vickie

More new features than ever. Check out the new AIM(R) Mail!