Re: [RC] Paintballing dogs - Linda Marins

I meant to ask this question back when we were having the fascinating
gun discussion.
Would a *pellet* gun be sufficient to discourage an attacking dog
without seriously injuring it?  (That's about as much as I can see
myself ever packing.)
By the way, the teaching your horse to charge idea is good--but
only if there is just one dog.  The only time I felt truly threatened
by dogs was when the neighbor's dogs went after me and my
horse as a pack.  They work as a team, surrounding you.  The
dog in front barks and scares and distracts the horse while the
dog in the rear waits its chance to dart in and hamstring the horse.
It was truly terrifying.  We got out of it because we were just a few
hundred yards from the barn and my calls for help brought
the owner who confronted the dogs just long enough for
us to escape back up the trail.

Linda Marins