Re: [RC] [RC] NASCAR vs Endurance - Maryben Stover

Lynn is exactly right.

I have been to NASCAR races and it is a total family type event.  And while there is beer drinking, I have not seen any fights, etc.

Rednecks????  Let me see, Roger Staubach, Joe Gibbs, David Letterman, Paul Newman, and other big sports personalities and stars.  Aerosmith, Kelly Clarkson, Big name country western stars, etc.  And, oh yeah, President Bush actually started off the season at Daytona one year -- by satellite but nevertheless.

And the big one............the drivers are kept well under control and suspended and/or fined big time for swearing on camera, fighting, bad sportsmanship, cheating, and any other action which might negatively reflect on the sport.  Can the other sports say that.  NOT...........

And don't forget, NASCAR is bigger than every other sport except NFL.

mb