RE: [RC] NASCAR vs Endurance - Susan

The parallels of endurance to NASCAR would be the very things we wouldn't want publicized on TV (of all places!).

I enjoy watching any car race more in person and from the pits.  That's where all the action is!  Watching a well-trained pit crew is indeed entertaining.  There isn't that kind of work in endurance...thankfully...I couldn't afford to pay a crew!  So, entertainment from a pit crew is out.

What other excitement would there be watching horses move around an oval 25 or 50 times?  The "crashes"?  "There's the race vet running to a downed horse!"  Oh yes...let's please show that to the public!

The very things that draws the public to NASCAR would either be non existent to endurance (pit crews) or bad publicity (sick / injured horses).  The excitement from public's perspective would be the race to the finish.  Let's see...we've got the Triple Crown and a ba-zillion other flat-track races for that.

Personally, if he is bound and determined to have a race like this, I'd rather him do it in his own state rather than Oklahoma.  CATOOSA!!  Sound familiar?

(I LOVE Days of Thunder!!!)

Ranelle Rubin <raneller@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Great post Lynn...!

While I have never been a TV watching NASCAR fan, I went to Sears Point once to watch it in action. It was so cool to see the synchronization of the pit crews. We happened to be in a Pepsi tent on a desirable corner..I agree with you that it has several parallels to endurance. If they drive their cars too hard, they will blow the engine..sound familiar??

Days of Thunder was a great movie...:)

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor