[RC] When To Start Conditioning for First 50 in April - Vchorsegal

I would start now.  You may very well have bad weather that interferes with your best laid plans !  I would mostly worry about building up the time in the saddle at first, and making sure they eat, drink, and relax on breaks on trail.  After a month or so of that I would add in more speed work, but never faster & longer than they did in the LDs for now.  I prefer to keep my horses marginally fit than start from scratch if I can. Have Fun & Good Luck !  - Heidi Helly