Re: [RC] A New Endurance Ride Concept - Marlene Moss

I can’t imagine wanting to do a 1 mile track 50 to 100 times!  But what about a 5 mile loop?  As riders spread out, there would always be horses in front of spectators.  There would also be the possibility of turns in both directions to avoid the stress that a single direction oval would.  Possibly even a little altitude change for fun too.  It would be easy to set up a video monitoring system of choice spots on the trail that could be viewed from a single spectator point too.

A few years ago I lived near a nice park that was 1 mile by 1 mile for a 4 mile trail.  We had a couple walking spots, mostly trotting and a little cantering though trees and fun twisty trails.  We sometimes did 4 or 8 or 12 miles at this park and always had fun.  I miss this park, now I’m stuck on rocky roads with an ugly hill to climb to get to more fun places to ride, and everything is an out and back.

I don’t see this really taking off in popularity, but could see it as a possibility to set up a specific event for promotion to a spectator public or as a fund raiser.  I’d love to do a course like this one as a fundraiser with pledges for the number of loops completed by a competitor.

Marlene

Marlene Moss

Saddle Fitting - www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com

Boarding/Training - www.LosPinos-CO.com