Re: [RC] Travelling south for the winter , where does an endurancerider go?? - Laney Humphrey

Winter is the active ride season all over the southern parts of the US from CA to FL so you can pretty much pick your preferred climate! The magazine, "Trail Rider" has lots of lists of places to trail ride, mostly in the southeast but with some listings all over the country. The Big South Fork area of Tennessee claims to have lots of trails and to be very rider friendly but it may not be far enough south to guarantee riding all winter. AZ and NM might also fit your needs.
Keep us posted on where you end up,
Laney
in CA where winter rains often make riding unpleasant (if and when we ever get any)
Chrystal Woodhouse wrote:

Hi , so it looks like my farm may be sold which means that my kids,horses,dogs ,hubby and I are off on an adventure this winter, we are planning on spending Feb and March camping in the Florida area, California seems to have quite a few places that are endurance related anyone know of such places in Florida? Or any other state that is in the general vicinity, I am embarrassed to admit that my knowledge of the S. States is minimal so if you know of another state with a good place to stay/camp that isn't as far away as California ( I am coming from Ontario Canada which is just north of Michigan) and the water doesn't freeze in the winter :-) AND has trails for lots of riding PLEASE let me know!!!:-)
Thanks and I will go back to studying a map of the US now.:-)

Chrystal