[RC] Girth Soreness - Vchorsegal

I did all 3 days at Tejon in September on the same horse with no girth soreness. What a beautiful place to ride ! I use a Specialized Saddle with a mohair girth and acrylic pad, made for that saddle with keepers, etc.  I remember all the steep hills !  My horse fought me to run all 3 days, so if he didn't get sore then...  I have often packed a paper towel smeared with vaseline in a small ziploc bag for multi-days or longer, tougher rides just in case.  You can always smear a little in their armpits ! ( Or wherever you may need it !
 - Heidi Helly