[RC] Tevis Trail Work Party Days - Ranelle Rubin

Dear Northern CA riders;

The Tevis Trail Committee needs our help. They need more volunteers to help maintain the trail we all love. If any of you can help on any of the days listed below, please do so. If you are coming from a distance, and want to make a weekend of it, bring your horse and rig, and we will find a place for you while you work on the trail, and maybe even ride with you..

Project #1 - Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Start:  10:00 am Finish 2:00 pm
Auburn Overlook

           Directions:  Take Pleasant St. in Auburn up the hill and look for the dirt lot on the left

       Project:  Annual work; cut back berry bushes; sprinkler repair

       Bring:  Gloves, water, clippers, loppers, weed whips, mowers, snacks

 Project #2 - Saturday, December 8, 2007

 Start:  8:00 am      Finish:  12:00 pm

       Meet:  Hwy 49 -  In route to Cool; bottom of American River Canyon-between Auburn and Cool; "Confluence; Western States Quarry Trail Head"

       Directions:  Take I-80 East or West to Elm Street.  Go South on Elm towards Downtown Auburn.  Turn left (South) on Hwy 49 and follow the highway down to the bottom of the canyon.  Go right, across the Hwy 49 bridge and the trailhead is on the left going south about 1/4 mile from the bridge.

      Project:  Maintenance of Pointed Rocks to No Hands and No Hands to Robie Point sections; including Waterfall and Blackhole sections.

      Bring:  Gloves, water, food, clippers, handsaws, McLeods, Pulaeskis etc.

Project #3: - Sunday, January 27, 2008

  Start:  8:30 am      Finish:  1:00 pm

       Meet:  Foresthill - Intersection of California Street and Foresthill Roads

      Directions:  Take I-80 East or West and take the Foresthill Road exit.  Go East towards Foresthill and proceed about 18 miles to Foresthill.

    Project:  Cal Street #1 maintenance - clearing, trimming, etc.

Project #4 - Sunday, March 2, 2008

 Start:  8:30 am      Finish:  1:00 pm

      Meet: Driver's Flat (North Turnout off of Foresthill Road)

      Directions:  Take I-80 East or West and take the Foresthill Road Exit.  Go East towards Foresthill and proceed about 10 miles to Driver's Flat Road.

      Project:  Cal Street #2 maintenance - clearing, trimming, etc.

       Bring:  Gloves, water, food, clippers, handsaws, McLeods, Pulaskis, etc.

Project #5 - Sunday, March 30, 2008

Start:  8:30 am Finish 1:00 pm

             Meet:  Drivers Flat (North turnout off of Foresthill Road)

       Directions:  Take I-80 East or West and take the Foresthill Road Exit.  Go East towards Foresthill and proceed about 10 miles to Drivers Flat Road.

      Project:  Cal Street #3 / #4 maintenance - clearing, trimming, etc.

       Bring:  Gloves, water, food, clippers, handsaws, McLeods, Pulaeskis, etc.

Project #6 - Sunday April 27, 2008

Start:  8:30 am Finish 1:00 pm

             Meet:  Foresthill Post Office, corner of Race Track and Foresthill Roads

       Directions:  take I-80 East or West and take the Foresthill Road Exit.  Go East towards Foresthill and proceed about 18 miles to the Post Office.

      Project:  Volcano and El Dorado Canyons

      Bring:  Gloves, water, food, clippers, handsaws, McLeods Puaeskis, Etc.

* note: For May, June, and July there will be many more projects. Check the website for more postings. For more information, go to www.Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run link.  (someone please double check that url for me)

Please go to the Tevis website for any more details.

Come on folks, let's all get out there and help keep this amazing trail open! The State Park and Forest Service pay attention to the efforts of those who use the trail and depend on our support.

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx