[RC] Water Heaters - Val Nicoson

We've got water buckets with built-in heaters in the bottom...and a heater in the bottom of the big rubbermaid-type tank as well.  Each side of the barn has its own GFI circuit but that each of two GFI circuits can account for at least 2 buckets each on it.  I've noticed that the horses don't appear to be drinking as much as I would like them too...the water is not too warm and in fact feels slightly cool to the touch.
Is there any way to test if there is a weak trickle charge getting into the water that may be preventing the horses from drinking as much as I think they should be?  I'm not noticing anything when I put my hand into the bucket.

Thanks,
Val