Re: [RC] RC] NEW subject- the ad in EN - Jody Rogers-Buttram - Tim & Carla Brady

OK, so I'm not the only one studying that photo.  We actually had a discussion about that photo on another distance riding list recently.  It appears like blood has run down from the scrapes on the fetlocks.  I guess I'm not the only one that really *looks* at the ads and photos in EN.  :-)

Carla Brady

RC] NEW subject- the ad in EN - Jody Rogers-Buttram
Hey,

 I have been noticing this ad, and it bugs the pee out of me.  It is an ad for the Arabian horse, by AHA, it is in the EN and I believe that I have seen it in the Arabian Horse Magazine.  It is titled, "The Arabian Horse-choice of endurance riders worldwide".  Well, I don't know the lady in the picture (she doesn't look really happy, but neither do I in photos), but the horse is a grey, ears up and they are trotting along a trail.  No biggy.  But, when you are bored and have looked thru a magazine a 100 times, then you start to analyze things like, "What kind of tack are they using?, What type of hoof protection?, Bit?, Girth, is it fleece or not?".   That kind of stuff.  What jumped out at me, was that this horse has some major boot rubs on the front of the fetlocks on both front feet.  Looks like they were cleaned up at a VC, and have left the boots off.  Problem is this:  I know that crap happens at a ride, I have had plenty of boot rubs too.  So, I am not in any way labeling this rider.  But, don't you think that AHA could have picked a better photo for their ad????  Or is it just me.

Jody