Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] LD brakes on! - Carla Richardson

The Moab ride actually had that, for all riders, on Sunday morning.  I think it was at around 7 miles or so, a pulse check and go.  Then we had a 10 mile loop and back to the same spot for the 40 minute lunch break (for LD riders) or 1 hour lunch break (for 50 milers).  It was not much of a delay, and they had water tanks there for us after the pulse check.  My horse was down, at criteria, when we came in.

The thing I don't want to see is another, extra, 30 minutes hold or something like that, because in my, yes, inexperienced, opinion it would cause us to have to speed up, not slow down.  I don't call that riding smarter, it would just mean riding faster for those of us who *want* to go slower.

Carla Richardson
Colorado