[RC] Santa Fe vs Bryce - Laura Hayes

The question was asked about why Santa Fe would sanction over Bryce.  I'll see if I can explain, though I am not a member of management of either ride.  I have, however, done both rides.

Bryce is one of my very very favorites and I recommend it to anyone who wants a wonderful multiday experience with some of the best scenery in the country and the best hospitality and company.  I honestly love Annie and Dave like family.  I will, however, be going to Santa Fe in '08.  We make choices every day, and that is mine for this next season.

Santa Fe was Sept 1- 15 in 07.  It worked for them.  Getting ten linear riding days over a two week period is hard to organize, and that schedule worked for the towns, sponsors, vets and riders involved.  There were literally hundreds of people who helped put on this ride.

Bryce is over 700 miles away (south westerly). They are in different regions. Bryce has the option to do one or five days for $85 each with no moving of camp.  Santa Fe has an entry fee of $1950 for a single rider and you will move camp AT LEAST once a day, sometimes twice.  There is no option to pay by the day---commit to the ten, or ride one through 10, but the price is the same.  If you choose to ride at all, you have to be present at the start and travel with the ride- if you leave with your horse, you can't come back--that is a 15 day commitment at very the least.

THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT RIDES.  Life is full of choices, pick the one that suits you.

Laura Hayes
AERC# 2741