Re: [RC] [RC] Christmas presents - April

Try a Garmin Forerunner 305. It fits on your wrist nicely, has a much better GPS receiver in it, and you can use the HRM with you or get Roger's adapter kit (www.vmaxept.com) to use with your horse. Cost is running about $215 for the unit. If you order before the end of November you can get your MIL a $50 rebate from Powerbar (sign up for their newsletter: http://www.powerbar.com/Newsletter) and pay around $165 for the unit. (Roger's kit costs extra.)

If you don't think you want the HRM, go ahead and get it anyway. ;-) The Garmin Forerunner 205 is the same unit sans HRM (and other add-on accessories), but it can't be upgraded to use a HRM later. There is no rebate for the 205 and you'd end up spending $150 bucks on it anyway. For $15, it's nice to have the HRM.

April
Nashville, TN
http://endurancerider.blogspot.com