Re: [RC] pregnant mare nutrition, part 1 - Opal Perry

OK.. I have my first pregnant mare (well.. not MY mare.. she's leased.. but still..).  I was wondering if anyone has used Farnam's "Platform" feed.. I just started my preggie mare on the Mare and Foal feed from them and wanted to see what opinions you all have... she's approx 5 1/2 months along, but is slipping a little bit of weight now that the summer pasture is gone.  I have added more hay to her diet( just a good grass hay, as much as she'll eat) and the vet is coming on Tuesday to do teeth and give her an overall physical.  She's been wormed recently (about 2 weeks ago).  The mare is not THIN, but I would like to get a little more weight on her before we head into that all important 3rd trimester..  the website for the feed is http://www.platformfeed.com/products_marefoalfeed.htm

Thanks!

Opal Perry