[RC] Rule Change Proposal - Kim Hudson

And how about adding #4:  Mandatory attendance to ride meeting with special emphasis directed to new riders on taking care of your horse.

I was at Mariposa, and I felt a little puzzled that there was no mention or reminder to riders to ride sensibly and take care of their horses.

I have only been doing this sport for 3 years, but have noticed the difference in the way some RMs structure their ride meetings.  I love the way Ruth Waltenspiel runs her ride and the emphasis that is placed on taking care of your horse.  It is spelled out LOUD AND CLEAR that if you screw up and your horse needs to go to a clinic, it's a long drive!   And for those not familiar with the expenses involved in treating a horse, they need to have that spelled out too perhaps.

Failure to attend the ride meeting (for new riders only) would result in DQ.