[RC] pics, Conformation, faults, Genetics????? - michelle

Okay, somebody posted and showed a picture of their horses flaw. Cow
Hocks. I set up a page to show my horses. Each of them have a flaw.

http://www.palominosolutions.com/horses.html

The first horse is my "perfect" little endurance mare. Well, she's
supposed to be my endurance horse. I bought her and started her
undersaddle in the spring of 2005 as a six year old. We competed in 3 LD
endurance rides that year. Both our first times, but we went with a mentor
and went very slow. Then we took 2006 and 2007 off because of my
pregnancy. But I continued to ride her and condition her as much as I
could. I'd really like to get back into endurance competition next year
and eventually move up to 50's and some day 100's. But my little mare
(Tucana) is worrying me because she broke out in hives the 2 summers she
was off work! I've posted about her before. And she's the one with a slow
walk. But has a wonderful working trot and canter, so I can't complain too
much. And she's really coming around nicely, getting into shape and
becoming more trustworthy and just plain fun to ride. She always seems
sound and moves corrctly. I can't see any faults there, but I'm no
professional. Her fault is these allergies, which I think are allergic
reactions to gnats. So I've got to find a way to get those under control
before next summer. (I'm going to try everything, purge deworming,
supplements, herbs, fly sheets, etc.) It still may not work but I've got
to try.

Are allergies hereditary? If I bred her would the foal grow up to have
allergies?

Then there's my husband's horse. Jazz. He's not really sure he wants to do
endurance riding but he likes conditioning with me. His horse has the
stamina and desire to be a good endurance horse. She's not scared of
anything and loves going down the trail. But she has a crooked back leg.
It doesn't really look crooked when she's standing still but when she
moves she brings it in underneath and over to the side too far. I don't
know much about her history and have only owned her since June. But she
does have a bad scar on that leg above the ankle that wraps all the way
around. Maybe a wire injury? She has never limped on it and we've done
several 13 mile rides and one 20 mile ride all at pretty good paces. And
she never came up lame and never seemed sore. She just always brings that
back leg over, in the pasture, on rides, always.

So is that something that's hereditary? Just wondering if I bred her if
that might show up in the foal?

I'm not interested in being a breeder. But would like to raise one or two
foals for myself. Not to sell.

And if you guys see any other flaws you'd like to point out that's fine.
I'd love to hear what you think.

michelle @ netatic . com