[RC] We need LDs - andrea crisfi

A mostly lucker here... Us new people need the LDs. I
am not new
to horses,I trained(T.B. race horses professionally
for 13 years and I always started my first time starts
3/4 mile rather then go right for the route races.
Partly so they got some experience. It is stress-full
and this way I knew they would be fit enough to go
that far and learn something . Things are always
different on race or ride day then they are at home. I
think the LDs give both the horse and rider a good
foundation not to mention bringing back a horse/rider
from a injury,or a young horse learning to handle
himself or the people who ride with young kids. We
should remember that in every sport there are good and
bad riders and thankfully there are more good. I work
a 12 hour routing shift and subjust to call-out and I
have to haul out to ride. So condidtion is can be a
project for me.It is time and money consumming for me
but I LOVE it! Somebody said endurance is a risky
sport.. true...but why not give yourself and your
horse the best chance to finish!I have always tried to
minumize the risk by having confidence that we Are
ready rather then we Should be ready. The LDs provide
that experence for both horse and rider!I thought I
read( I don't remember exactly what the post said but
this it the jist of it) were someone replyied to
someone who said they don't have enough time to
condidtion for 50 because of work and kids and their
reply was then they shouldn't do this then...well that
was not very nice. Like most sports endurance has
evolved...better training methods,better
feeds,supplements,tack and whatever else..So I
apologize to those who dislike the LD riders... but
until I think we are ready to do 50s we will continue
to do the LDs. Just my newbie opinion.
Andra

http://mail.yahoo.com