Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] LD is the ruination of endurance??! - jamie ward

How about the people that work and don't have the time to condition
>for
> > 50s and 100s,
> >

>This is not the first time I have seen this idea over the years and I have
>never understood it. I rode 8000 miles and many hundreds and worked full
>time the whole 30+ years I have been in endurance. And I am not the only
>one. You ride in the evening and on the weekends.....................mb

That work's for some, but what about those of us who work ,have kid's and have spouses that work night's weekend's etc? Or single parent's ..Bring the kid's along? well I have 6 of um two of them are spacial needs children and one that's three so not easy to bring um or find a babysitter who is willing to take that many kid's on not to mention the cost! Lucky for me I am able to train as much as I need in spite of all that but, their are allot of people who cannot.I remember last year a lady at a ride i did rode a 50 with her 5yr old double but what if she had two kid's ? You can't say something will work for everyone else just because it worked for you. Sorry not trying to be a Jerk but I don't see how LD's hurt anyone. I'm sure allot of people have started on them because 50+ mile's seamed to large of a goal to start with.I personally am using them to get ready for the longer distance's I ride them like i plan to ride 50 + mile's so next year when i do one I'm confident I wont make the mistake of over riding my horse because I learned what to expect of him on a Les strenuous distance But in the same inviroment
JMHO
Jamie

Ranelle Rubin <raneller@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Yep..many a night riding into the Auburn Overlook in the dark..moon or
not..riding after work. Glad now to be working for myself so I can ride
more, but I still like to ride at night in the summer..:)

Ranelle Rubin, Business Consultant
http://www.rrubinconsulting.com
Independent Dynamite Distributor
raneller@xxxxxxx

916-663-4140 home office
916-718-2427 cellular
916-848-3662 fax

>From: "Maryben Stover"
>To: "janet palma"
>CC: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] LD is the ruination of endurance??!
>Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 19:12:22 -0800
>
> . >
> > Peek-a-boo FREE Tricks & Treats for You! Get
>'em!

 Custom made rump warmer's, all come with a warrantee and a guarantee !  For a limited time each come with a free "surprise" thank you gift. Visit http://jamers1220.tripod.com/ or call me (541)761-9837 for more info

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely!  Life is an adventure which should bring you  skidding into Heaven's gates, totally worn out, scuffed up and bleeding, yelling, "Whoo Hoo, what a ride