[RC] [RC] Be part of the solution - Patti

Yes there are but they were imposed on endurance riding by the
Australian Government. The concept of logbooks and some of the other
things they have in place have been discussed from time to time.
However, it seems that the logistics involved would cause quite an
impact and probably be expensive to implement and enforce.

I am also not certain how such things would be accepted by the
membership. What if you drive 500 miles to a ride and find out you left
you logbook behind and the RM cannot allow you to start? Everything as a
consequence. It would be interesting to see if the Australians would
have implemented a such a system if they were not required to do so.

And if we don't implement something on our own, it could be "imposed" on us, too. Much preferable, IMO, to adopt a good system of our own making than have it regulated to us.

As an "experienced horse person", I personally would have no problem being identified as a "novice endurance rider" under something similar to the Aussie rider rules. From reading "first-time" ride stories, it seems that most other new endurance riders wouldn't object, either. And the ones who might object are probably the ones who need it most.

Patti K
Vail AZ