Re: [RC] Be part of the solution - Rae Callaway

That's already in place - it's called CTR or Competitive Trail Riding.

Rae

----- Original Message ----
From: Bonnie Peralez <mtnrondi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Ridecamp <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2007 12:29:27 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] Be part of the solution

**given** a pace that they cannot exceed (say 5-6 mph), or be
> disqualified (even at vet check 1).

Would it be easier to just put a time limit on how fast you can run the LD ride? Something like no faster than 4 hours and no slower than 6 hours to finish a 25 LD. Since these are “training” rides and we are not supposed to consider them races, then why not put a cap on how fast you may complete the ride? I think that would help people to learn how to pace their rides in preparation for 50’s.

Bonnie

www.thistledown-borderterriers.com